STAYING SAFE AND DRY THIS JANUARY WITH RED SNAPPER SPORTS
“What I enjoy is collaboration. Working with other like-minded people. People who have brilliant minds and big hearts!” Julian Ovenden
Red Snapper Sports believes in safety first. The oceans are there to be enjoyed - but they must also be treated with the upmost respect AT ALL TIMES. With this in mind, we are excited to announce the first in a number of brilliant brand partnerships for 2019.
We were constantly asked last year, what our recommendations were for keeping our phones and our kit dry when we were out and about on our paddle boards. Having tested out a number of different options, ranging in price and performance, we are confident that we have found the solution.
Introducing Dry Bags and Accessories by Duc-kit Pro - Designed By Adventurers ... For Adventurers
RNLI CAMPAIGN - RESPECT THE WATER
The RNLI have been running a campaign over recent years called "Respect The Water". This is so we recognise its dangers and NEVER underestimate its power.
Their website states that "Current drowning figures show a clear gender divide, with men accounting for over two-thirds of those who die. So the campaign is primarily aimed at men, particularly those aged between 16 and 39 years, who are more likely to take risks".
The message is this ....... Fight your instinct, not the water
Around 190 people lose their lives at the UK and Irish coasts each year, and over half never even planned to enter the water.
Cold water shock is triggered in water temperatures lower than 15⁰C – the average temperature of UK and Irish waters is 12⁰C. So even in the Summer, the water temperature is cold enough to cause cold water shock, which can steal the air from your lungs and leave you helpless in seconds.
Coastal Safety - Think 999 Coastguard!
The RNLI and Coast Guard websites are invaluable sources of information and guidance about staying safe when you are at sea. But accidents happen. So who do you call if you get in to trouble or you see someone else in trouble? And how do you make contact?
The official advice from the Coast Guards is to ALWAYS carry a device for communication and make sure you tell friends and family when you are heading out alone. Having followed this advice, you must ensure that your phone is protected from water damage.
Duc-Kit Pro waterproof smart phone case are the perfect solution and will accommodate most types of smart phone keeping then safe and dry. The design means that can still use the camera, send messages, make calls, and generally communicate while you're in and out of the water!
The cases will fit most smart phones including the iPhone 6 plus, 6S plus, 7 plus, Samsung S8, S8 Plus, Galaxy A7, Galaxy Note 3,4,5,6,7, Windows Lumia 950XL,640XL. HTC Ultra. Motorola G4, G4Plus, G5 Plus and other phones sized 75mm x 160mm.
- 100% Guaranteed Waterproof case**
- IPX8 certified for use underwater up to 10m - recommended for no longer than 1hour duration.
- Case dimensions: 110mm x 205mm
- Window area: 77mm x 140mm
- Allows full use of touch screen - so you can continue to use the phone without removing it.
- May also accommodate some smaller cameras.
- Protects phone from sand, dust, water, snow.
- Includes lanyard.
- Floats in water
- Will alternatively fit money, keys, or passport - ideal for keeping your important items safe
An alternative, if you prefer to not keep the phone around your neck, is the Duc-Kit Pro waterproof pouch, which features a triple seal - keeping them waterproof to a depth of up to 10m underwater.
- Measuring 22cm x 16cm, our waterproof pouches have plenty of useful room.
- Triple seal with roll over top and velcro flap - secure to IPX8 standard
- With our translucent blue version, you can use your mobile devices with the confidence of knowing it's protected.
- Fully adjustable strap - from 56cm (22") to 89cm (35") to wear around the waist or as an over the shoulder bag.
20 Litre Premium Dry Bag
This robust, waterproof dry bag is the number one choice for all you water explorers out there! Designed to protect your kit from water, sand and dirt, the welded seams prevent leakage and will float when dropped in water. Made from heavy duty PVC, this premium product is suitable in rough conditions. And with its 20L capacity, it can be used on long day trips and even for camping!
- Waterproof dry bag IP66
- Floats safely if dropped in water and short submersion
- Protects contents from dust, sand, dirt and water
- High frequency welded seams
- Made of 500D nylon-coated PVC tarpaulin Heavy duty and durable for rough usage
- Durable, wipe clean and easy to store away
- 2 fully adjustable & removable shoulder straps - 35cm to 89cm
- Top carry handle for additional portability
- Flat bag dimensions 36cm x 60cm
The guys and gals behind this great brand are so confident in their products that they offer their customers a lifetime guarantee! We spoke to co-owner Andrew Lloyd-Jones and he told us that the they had been “inspired by a life-long love for adventure and that they wanted to offer professional equipment that met the needs of the customer, so they could set off on their adventures without worrying about their gear”.
He also told us “We harbour deep concern for the continuation of safe use of our seas and waterways, by us and the naturally present wildlife and fauna .... as do a lot of or customers and friends. To support this we are lending support to the Sky Ocean Rescue Program and other endeavours that reduce and clean up the increasing amount of plastic dumped”.
And that just makes us love them even more!
We will be including one of their 10L bags worth £15.99 with every paddle board purchase this year. They can also be purchased from our website on a stand alone basis, together with other selected Duc-Kit Pro products, including the waterproof pouches, mobile phone cases and waterproof socks.